Is there something like „Mobile Cloud Computing“? (a question I am after since early 2009)
A quick Internet research provides evidence that MCC might indeed get away from being a „bwc“ (buzz word combination) and turn into something substantial.
Fundamental Reflections on MCC
– MCC basic elements: Mobile Device, Mobile Network, Cloud Computing (IaaS/PaaS), Cloud Serivce (SaaS)
– Mobile Devices: The dominant share will remain low-end, with very limited resources
– Mobile Networks: Shannon/Nyquist, channel characteristics/impairments
– Cloud Computing: Depends on communications, provides virtually unlimted resources on-demand, …
– Users look for something that may be called „on-service, on-demand, on-(any)-device“